photo archives

Click a term to initiate a search.

Any Category

Any Place

Any Decade

P31839

Keyword search

More options
Enter search words (i.e. George Ferguson or logging or 345074354)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>

More information about formatting options

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Context: 
A firefighter uses a firehose to drown the flames that set the 2155 Ridgeway Street residence that caught ablaze Tuesday morning, January 16, 1979. The fire saw a Matsqui couple lose their home and all its contents. Fortunately, the dog was saved from the blaze. The owners of the home, Donald and Nell Albion were not home when the fire broke out at their 2155 Ridgeway street home. The flames completely gutted the $39,000 home and destroyed about $28,000 of personal belongings. The fire seemed to have started in the carport of the home, then had quickly spread through the rest of the building, reported Fire Chief Al Cook. By the time fire crews from Halls No.1 and No.2 arrived, flames had devastated the interior of the house. Minutes after the Albion couple arrived on the scene, firemen wearing air masks emerged from the door of the home, carrying the family